School Based Apprenticeships & Traineeships (SBAT)
SBATs allow students in Years 10, 11 and 12 to undertake paid, part time work and formal industry training, whilst continuing to study for the HSC. SBATs are a great way for students to get a head start in their career and provide a low cost, effective way for employers to prepare a young person for a future career in their industry.
- Combination of on the job (work) and off the job training (formal)
- Formal training is normally completed during Year 11 and 12 at school, TAFE or with a private training provider
- Students generally work 1 day per week with the employer
- Additional work during school holiday periods may be required
- Most SBATs complete a minimum of 100 days on the job over 2 years.
Part Time or Full time Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Australian Apprenticeships & Traineeships are available to anyone of working age.You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship.You can do an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship if you are a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
- Australian Apprenticeships & Traineeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
- As an Australian Apprentice or Trainee you can combine time at work with training, and can be either full-time or part-time.
- When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.