Student Work Placement
Career Links is funded by the NSW Department of Education to coordinate over 3000 work placements for high school students across the Lake Macquarie and Newcastle region each school year. These students are undertaking Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses as part of their Higher School Certificate.
- Certificate II in Business services Certificate II in Automotive
- Certificate III in Retail Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Engineering Certificate II in Entertainment
- Certificate II in Construction Certificate II in Primary Industries
- Certificate III in Information Digital Technology Certificate II in Tourism
- Certificate I in Electro technology Certificate II in Financial Services
Our Work Placement team provide a quality service to support students and vocational teachers from local High Schools and TAFE Campuses.The process of workplacement:
- Prior to placement the student will phone and arrange to visit the host employer, attend an interview and have their Student Placement Record agreed to by the employer and signed. (Students are fully covered by their school's insurance Volunteer on the worksite and third party indemnity) a current policy number will be supplied.
- Students will have been briefed in general about Employer expectations, but have been advised that each Employer will have their own set of expectations
Benefits to your business:
- Identify young people with potential for your industry.
- Promote the attitudes and skills you want in your workforce.
- Increase the supervisory, training and mentoring skills of your staff.
- Talk to students about your industry, its career paths and future directions.
- Strengthen your links with the community and raise your business profile.
- Supporting and developing the future workforce for your community
If you are a business owner or know someone who might be interested in providing work placement opportunities to support young people, make successful transitions from school to work please contact Career Links on 02 4967 1050.